Your employer hired a good attorney, shouldn’t you?
Why Choose Our Employee-Rights Firm?
- Our firm understands the issues from both sides. Andy Backlund used to be on the other side of the courtroom, defending employers and product manufacturers such as General Motors and Polaris. Now, he utilizes his experience defending companies to better uphold the rights and interests of individuals like you. He understands the defense strategies used by the other side, and he understands how to counter those strategies on your behalf.
- We are responsive and accessible. We returns emails and voice messages promptly and we work hard to keep the lines of communication open. Our paperless office allows you access to YOUR file at any time, day or night. You can peruse new correspondence, briefs, motions, and other documents from the comfort of your computer. We will keep you informed and involved from start to finish.
- We have a network of legal resources. If you have an employment claim against a larger company, Backlund Law Firm has a network of other trusted attorneys, paralegals, and other staff members available on short notice through a close relationship with Emerald City Attorney Network, PLLC.
Ready To Resolve All Your Employment Law Concerns
We can pursue justice on your behalf in a wide array of employment law matters, such as:
- Discrimination — Adverse employment action (demotion, loss of benefits, termination) on the basis of a person’s race, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation/gender identity, religion, age, disability, or other protected class.
- Sexual harassment — Enduring offensive conduct (requesting sexual favors, derogatory comments, displaying lewd photos, etc.) becomes a condition of continued employment or a condition for a promotion, etc.
- Hostile work environment — Conduct is “severe or pervasive” enough to create a work environment that a reasonable person would consider intimidating, hostile, or abusive.
- Retaliation/Wrongful termination — Firing an employee because he or she acted as a whistleblower in reporting unlawful workplace practices, or in retaliation for complaining about discrimination, failure to pay wages, leave policy, or any other policy or practice of his or her employer that is against the law.
- Wage and hour disputes — Disputes over non-payment of wages, failure to pay for work related activities, minimum wage, overtime pay, vacation time, and related matters. Employees may be entitled to triple their wages in these disputes!
- Breach of contract — Disputes over noncompete agreements, nondisclosure agreements, severance agreements, and other employment contracts or agreements.
Learn About Your Rights And Options Today
Don’t hesitate to contact Backlund Law Firm, PLLC to schedule an initial case evaluation to talk about your particular employment law issue. Simply call our Washington law firm at 206-657-6297 or email us today.